Jewelry Care and Info
Most of our jewelry is either gold plated or gold filled. We also carry silver pieces as well. This type of jewelry is defined as 'semi-fine' and has specific care needs.
Although a gold filled piece of jewelry is not sold gold, it has the same desirable properties and look of solid gold. It won't tarnish. Wearers who are sensitive to certain metals can wear gold filled jewelry without worries of an allergic reaction.
- Store your gold filled jewelry in the 100% cotton pouch we provide with each purchase.
Gold Plated (14K-24K):
Plated jewelry should be cleaned periodically. Wash plated jewelry with warm water. Use a mild soap only if necessary. Getting junk out of nooks and crannies with an old, soft toothbrush is okay. If you need to use toothpaste use a gentle one with no whitening agents or abrasives in it. Be gentle and don’t rub too hard.
- In order to keep gold plating in optimal condition, wash your hands before putting on or taking off plated jewelry.
- Put on gold plated earrings after you’ve applied your perfume.
- Put on your plated jewelry after you have applied lotion or put on makeup.
- Take off your plated rings or bracelets before handling any acidic foods.
- Avoid rubbing plated bracelets and necklaces against each other or very hard surfaces repeatedly.
- Don’t swim in your plated jewelry.
- Don’t wear your plated jewelry when you'll be sweating excessively
- Clean your plated jewelry gently.
- Store your gold plated jewelry in the 100% cotton pouch we provide with each purchase.
Silver is a metal that does tarnish over time as it is exposed to natural elements. To slow down tarnishing, clean your silver jewelry after wearing it. Oils from your skin accumulate on the surface of silver and can predispose it to oxidization. Use warm water to wash your silver jewelry items gently, and dry them with a soft cloth. You can also delay tarnishing by regularly polishing your silver jewelry.
- Store your silver jewelry in the 100% cotton pouch we provide with each purchase.